Interview with Emily Kay


Interview with Emily Kay

As we have heard Emily Kay, a German writer, was inspired by Tokio Hotel and Bill for his trilogy. When the news began to run between the many TH fans wanted to know more about this book, so we made every effort to know more. I, Patrii of THEurope, I had the pleasure of talking to this nice woman. Hope here you have all the information that you want, enjoy the interview and support this nice writter!

Emily Kay is a German author. She is 35 years old and lives in the Ruhr Valley sourrounded by books and CDs. She is addicted to music, films, sports, tattoos and fantasy literature.

THEurope: How you reacted to the "boom" of you and your book when you said that Bill Kaulitz had inspired you? It was something you expected?
Emily: No. It was only a statement on my twitter account and a topic in my blog on twilight.4fans.net.
I never thought about that anybody could get interested in this besides me. (lol)
It's really overwhelming for me to feel the love of the Tokio Hotel fans and their passion for the band and their support towards creative people who support the idea of the band.

THEurope: Before this happens, did you write anyother book?
Emily: Firstly I studied English and German Literature. But I always kept this dream in my heart to write books one day. I grew up with tons of story tapes (tapes with fairy tales, adventure stories and so on) and books. I always had many books around me before I could read and I always forced my mother to read stories to me. So very soon I discovered books by Enid Blyton and had the wish inside of me to write books like she did one day. By the age of 9 I had the first contact with a vampire children`s novel which is called "The Little Vampire". I loved this very much and always had the idea to have an own vampire. Sometimes I left the windows open because I hoped to be visited by a vampire (lol). At night I closed the window because it was too cold inside my room. ;-) Then I discovered the films "The Neverending Story" by Michael Ende and "Labyrinth". During the 80s we had a special cinema day here in my hometown and it cost only 3 DM to watch a movie. So I went there to see LABYRINTH each Sunday for 2 - 3 months. In the end I knew all the words of the movie and became a big David Bowie Fan. But my favorite movie of all time is still THE LOST BOYS. A vampire movie which was released in 1988. This was the most important influence on my vampire addiction. It was the point when I started to read vampire novels. Before I started to write Romantasy books I published learning materials for maths, German and English. So "Eulenflucht - Durch die Nacht" is the first novel I write.

THEurope: Do you know Stephanie Meyer's book? Would you like your triology to have the same fame as them?
Emily: Of course I read every book from Stephenie Meyer. She is a really good writer and I am looking forward to her next books. I think to expect such a sucess is not realistic. I hope that there are readers who enjoy reading my books and I am thankful when there are a few.

THEurope: How do you know about Tokio Hotel and their music? Is it a music that you use to listen since long time ago?
Emily:I did not know very much about Tokio Hotel until they published HUMANOID. When you have a look on my CDs you will find also German music. My favorite band since 1986 is a German punk band which is called DIE ÄRZTE. So there are all of their CDs. Besides there is music of Robbie Williams, The Cure, Morrissey, The Smiths, Depeche Mode, New Order, The Clash, The Ramones, Oasis, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park and other punk, metal, gothic, rock and 80s stuff. Not really a typical collection for Tokio Hotel fans. The first one who got in touch with Tokio Hotel was my mother. I remember one day in 2005 when I visited my parents she switched the TV on and there was a report about TH. She explained to me who this band was and told me their names and that the two guys are twins and so on. I only thought "Okeeee ... " ;-) By the way my mother is 61 years old ...
I was surprised about her reaction and so I kept the name TH in my mind. Some pupils wore their T-shirts but I still was not interested in TH at this moment.

THEurope: How did Tokio Hotel enter in the books?
Emily:Last October I was surfing on the internet and read an article about HUMANOID. The reporter mentioned that the songs sound like Depeche Mode and I really could not imagine this. I mean TH and Depeche? No. So I kept on reading and then I saw the name Guy Chambers. Every Robbie Wiliams fan knows this name and so I did. I was really curious what TH and Guy did together. So listened to some music samples. I really was astonished because it was good music. Then I decided to go to a record store to buy the album. I had problems to decide to buy the German or English version. In the end I bought both. ;-)

THEurope: Why you say "Geisterfahrer" is the soundtrack of the book?
Emily:Yeah. This was like a wake up call when I came back home from the record store. I played the CD and really got big chickenpocks all over my body when I listened to Geisterfahrer. This was the plot of my book in an abstract way. I could not believe that there is a song which catches the topic and the mood in such a way like Geisterfahrer does. I really was touched by that and it was the first time that I could FEEL my book. So this was the first time I wrote about TH in my blog and how it influences the writing on Durch die Nacht.

THEurope: How was the moment when you saw Bill on Dsquared2 Catwalk?
Emily:This was amazing because I had the feeling to see the angel of my second book as a person. I plotted this book from the 24th - 27th of December 2009 but I was not able to see my characters at this moment. This was the second wake up call and once again it was connected with TH. Everything was perfect. The hair, the make up and the clothes. The modern Ziggy Stardust as an angel - this was the moment I could visualize my angel character for the first time.

THEurope: Have the character inspired in Bill an important role in one of your books?
Emily: Yes. He is the main character. The whole book is about this angel. To be concrete, it is like the vampire trilogy "Eulenflucht" also a trilogy, but about angels. So this angel will appear in every single book of the trilogy as a main character.

THEurope: Would you like the band know about your book?
Emily: This would be interesting to get to know if they like the idea. But I do not expect that they hear about it or have the time to read it. ;-)

THEurope: How it goes the idea of the blog into you mind? Why you do it?
Emily: As I mentioned before, I am a huge vampire and fantasy fan. 2 friends of mine run this twilight page and they knew about my book I planned to write. So they found it was a good idea to blog about development of the book until it gets published.

THEurope: When do you expect the first book will be published?
Emily: I hope that by the end of the year, maybe in november, it will be published. My exposee is at the agencies right now and so I wait for them to respond. I will finish "Eulenflucht - Durch die Nacht" by the end of March. In May I will start to write the first angel' s book which will be dedicated to Bill.

THEurope: You haven't got yet a plot of the book, but tell us something that you can discover us about the first book.
Emily: As I said before, of course there is a plot but I have to keep the details secretly until contracts are signed and an official short version will be published. The things I can tell are that the setting is in Germany, in Dresden and nearby the Northsea in 1945 and 2008. It' s the perfect book for vampire, love story and Romantasy fans. On the first page a quotation of Geisterfahrer will appear to show my gratitude and respect to TH. During the story Tokio Hotel will appear in certain sequences. But this is still a top secret at the moment.


Keep in touch her name, I'm sure she will have many success with her books

1 comentario:

Caroline SAUVAGEOT dijo...

Hello,

can you make an article about books about TH called "The Forbiden Floor"

All the info on the writer's fan club : http://carrie-fan-club.blog.jeuxvideo.com/

and all the translation on the forum : http://wilkommenimhotel.forumactif.com/


Thanks !